Are you looking for how you can optimize your website? How to speed up your WordPress website?
Optimizing WordPress is a key role for any webmaster. And the website should be kept on monitored and rectified.
To make these things simple, we can use Autoptize plugin to compress or minify the Java, CSS and HTML files. This plugin does all the job for you and decreases the website load time. This is the one of the best minification plugin, though it should be well configured.
Note: Optimizing your website doesn’t mean, you have to remove few necessary elements as well. The main motto is to provide the decent user experience.
Autooptize is a simple and powerful plugin to optimize your website.
Before getting into, check out the result from GTMetrix. It compresses the pages and minimizes the requests.
Let’s deal with the correct Autoptimize configuration.
Configure Autoptimze Plugin Effectively
Once the Autoptimize WordPress plugin is installed and activated, head over to its settings page from your dashboard.
It comes with the basic default settings which are good enough. Now, the website gets optimized automatically as the plugin will start its work. Check out your live website to check if its working fine.
Though we can explore it further by clicking on the Advanced settings from the right top corner. Once done, you would be able to see a few more advanced options to tweak further. Let’s start with the first one.
You would be able to see only two options here Optimize HTML Code, which will be checked by default. And check the keep HTML comments as well. This will remove the comments from the HTML. Check the screenshot.
In this case, optimizing those, all scripts could be essential and fortunately can be done in just a few clicks with the Autoptimize WordPress plugin.
- Also aggregate inline JS?: Checking this option will optimize your WordPress website as it extracts the whole JS from the HTML. But, it dramatically increases the cache size. So if you are okay to clear the cache at regular intervals. Check this option to optimize the WordPress website further. Or else, keep it unchecked.
- Exclude scripts from Autoptimize: There are certain codes that you might not want to get optimized along with the others, so mention those separating with commas as can be seen in the above image.
- Add try-catch wrapping? : This is completely an optional one. check this if any of your scripts are not performing due to the .js error. And if you are not sure, checking this won’t affect you in any way.
Java scripts are always the biggest in the website slow loading.
Check the first option Optimize CSS Code, to compress all the CSS in your WordPress website. And this will decrease the WordPress site loading time.
Generally, most of the website uses Google Fonts, which looks cool, but dramatically increases the site loading time. And if you don’t want them to load, then check the Remove Google Fonts, option.
Aggregate inline CSS, check this option to inline the whole CSS codes,
- Inline and Defer CSS? – Checking this option will inline all the CSS codes which are above the fold,
- Incline All CSS? – Checking this option will improve site performance. But it’s good for only those sites to have fewer visitors.
Autoptimize CDN Options:
If you are using, a third party CDN for your website already, then CDN providers will provide you CDN Base URL. Place it in the required field provided. If you are using Cloudflare CDN, then just leave it blank.
The next option Cache Info, you don’t have to do anything over here. It will show the information of where the cache is getting stored.
Last but not least Misc options, to make the Optimization complete. Let’s take a look at these,
Keep the first option Save aggregated script/CSS as static files checked, if your web hosting doesn’t support the compression at all. If you are not sure of it, check the box, as these days most of the webserver able to handle the compressions of the web content.
Check out the detailed result from GTMetrix, after configuring Autoptimze with the above settings.
The whole process will optimize your WordPress website with just a few simple steps. Apart from applying these Autoptimize settings, you should also clean up your database.
Final Words on WordPress Optimization and Autoptimize configuration:
A WordPress website should always to take care of, and thanks to the plugin which makes the job easier.
The above process is how you can configure the Autoptimize plugin very effectively to make the difference. You will see some prompt results on the site’s faster loading.
Though it will take a few minutes, the settings to work on the back end and compress the data.